Gary Larson Depicted IT So Well...

Gary Larson Depicted IT So Well...

Translate This SITE to your preferred language.

Friday, December 19, 2008

It Took 17 Years to Become Healthy & Whole

I was mentally ill; incapacitated by 34 years of careful hiding in a fundamentalist’s life and with a wife I did not like. Hiding from an inherited trait for which family, yourself and others reject you. Is it any less than rejecting a child for any other inherited attribute . . . blue eyes, dyslexia, intelligence, a weak heart? The turmoil of believing all my life that I was condemned for who I know myself to be had pushed me through a crack in my miserable life. Once through the crack, I believed that there was no going back. I felt it would be cruel to subject those I Love to my return. I thought they had put me to rest; in returning, I found that they had not. It took me nearly seventeen years to become healthy and whole. My purpose for returning is not to leave. I would not have returned to leave.
*