Gary Larson Depicted IT So Well...

Gary Larson Depicted IT So Well...

Translate This SITE to your preferred language.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

IN THE 'What Do You Want To See?' SECTION...

I was asked to relay how Sean & I got together. Sean & I recall the fine details differently; here's my version:
      Soon after I arrived in Palm Springs, I got a job offer to manage a resort and to celebrate my good fortune; I decided to take the rest of the day off (from looking for work) and to sun at the next-door resort, Whispering Palms. I checked in with the manager, Lakin, and set-up to sunbathe near the spa. I dozed, read and periodically chatted with Lakin. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of another guy at the resort. There was something quite intriguing about him, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.
Throughout the long conversations with Lakin, I’d casually toss in an inquiry about who ‘that guy’ was. I learned that he had just arrived and that his name was Sean.  The day drew to dusk and for a couple hours, Sean was nowhere to be seen. I hung around hoping to bump into him before I left.

      Now, it was time for dinner, no Sean, so I asked Lakin to dinner. As we exited the resort, I bumped into Sean who was coming in to ask Lakin to join him for dinner. I asked him to join us; assuring him that he was a welcome addition. As the three of us approached the Lincoln Continental sedan Lakin was going to drive us to dinner in, Lakin saw that the passenger seat was full with stuff. He said, “Give me a sec and I’ll put this stuff in the trunk.” I said, “No problem, we’ll sit in the back.”

     Once in the back seat and on our way to the restaurant, I was able to put my finger on what was intriguing about Sean. After dinner, Sean and I talked the night away in his room. I told him bits and pieces about me without revealing much because hearing the pieces of his story convinced me that he was likely just passing through town.
        We awoke in each others' arms the next morning. That day I told the person (Lyle) who had put me up in his place, that I would be moving into a resort to manage it the next day. I called the owner of the resort and asked if it would be OK if Sean moved into the manager’s quarters with me. He said, “Sure”. I am sure that he was quite puzzled that I now had a boyfriend. The manager’s quarters was a good-sized bedroom adjacent to the hotel lobby. I spent that day and night with Lyle. The next morning Sean and I moved into the resort and I began my manager’s training.
*